OK, so we’ve solely restricted sympathy for the extra Amazonian amongst us, who can hop onto a 17hh horse as simply as stepping on a mounting block, and all the time look the half in lengthy driving boots. However, we concede, they do have a number of issues of their very own to cope with…
1. In case you journey brief you run the chance of kneeing your self within the chin — nicely, practically. Your knees are to this point ahead that they’re hanging over the entrance of the knee rolls, which neatly leads us to…
2. Say howdy to costly custom-made saddles that truly fit your needs and your horse. Off-the-peg saddles simply don’t appear to do each. And whilst you’re saying howdy, say goodbye to what’s left of your financial institution steadiness — for the subsequent yr whilst you pay that off…
3. Even on a 16hh, you seem like a toddler that’s massively outgrown his or her first pony.
4. Solely on a horse 17hh or above do you really look regular. Nicely, from a distance. Up shut, you’re clearly very tall and are driving an enormous mystical beast.
5. Feeding the large mystical beast will get costly, too. Seems enormous mystical beasts eat quite a lot of hay. An terrible lot.
6. Everybody expects you to leap huge, in your huge horse, irrespective of what number of occasions you level out that the dimensions of the jumps has nothing to do together with your need or potential to leap them. And that you just desire dressage anyway.
7. You’re all the time being requested to get the saddles down from the higher saddle racks. Having Mr Tickle arms is each a blessing and a curse.
8. On hacks, your brief mates on their small horses can journey merrily underneath low-hanging branches and canter by overgrown woods. In case you attempt that, you’re prone to end up hanging from a department — or out chilly.
9. Ladies’s garments aren’t all the time designed for the extra Amazonian physique. Breeches, jacket sleeves, boots — they’re usually simply that bit too brief. Both it’s bespoke tailoring all the best way or you end up venturing into the lads’s division – both method it means paying over the percentages for every part. No low-cost ‘n’ cheerful breeches purchased within the sale for you sadly.
You might also prefer to learn…
Credit score: trevor-meeks-photography.co.uk
Credit score: Future
Horse & Hound journal, out each Thursday, is full of all the most recent information and stories, in addition to interviews, specials, nostalgia, vet and coaching recommendation. Discover how one can get pleasure from the journal delivered to your door each week, plus choices to improve your subscription to entry our on-line service that brings you breaking information and stories in addition to different advantages.